I absolutly love Christmas and everything that comes with it! I have wanted to talk about it with you in a fun matter and I didn’t know how until I saw a very old Christmas Tag of Zoella with her brother in 2011. So, I used there questions! It is a bit long so I’ve divided it into two blogposts. In this part I will talk about my favorite christmas movies, how my christmas day typically looks like etc.
1. When do you start getting excited about Christmas?
I get excited about Christmas halfway of November. I immediately want to decorate the Christmas tree and do all sorts of Christmassy stuff! However, I still life with my parents and they find mid November waaaaaaay too soon for Christmas decoration. But honestly, I will start thinking about all the delicious christmas food in September. (oeps)
2. Do you still have advent calendars?
3. What are your favourite Christmas Films?
Thats such a difficult question!!!! I love so many Christmas movies. But these are my two favs:
1. White Christmas, a classc Christmas movie in my eyes from the year 1954! It has loads of songs and dances and therefore I absolutly love it! Its about two performers that met each other during the war, afterwards they become a duo. They meet two sisters, who are also performers and with them they head to Vermont for a white christmas. However, when they arrive there is no snow. The owner of the hotel where they stayed was the general of the duo during the war and is in a financial crisis since the hotel isn’t running that well. The perfomers come up with an idea in the hope to save the hotel.
2. The Santa Clause, another classic that is suuuper funny! After Santa Clause falling from Scott Calvin’s roof. He and his son decide to deliver all of the presents and afterwards the raindeers take them to the North Pole. There Scott finds out that he needs to take over the tasks of Santa.
Click on the title to find the trailer 😀
4. Do you have any funny Christmas memories?
5. Talk us through your typical Christmas Day
We open our presents the night before Christmas, which is a Gereman tradition (I think). So, no prezzies will be opened. When we wake up, we prepare a big brunch together in our cozy Christmas pajamas. It typically consist of fruit, croissants, a traditional Dutch bread that is stuffed with raisins and a mixture of almonds and sugar, other type of rolls, eggs etc. Then we go for a long walk with our dog, prepare for christmas dinner and if we have time we probably watch a Christmas movie ❤
Afterwards, we change our clothes in something that’s a bit more fancy but still kind of casual and head of to our family for the Christmas dinner. There we will fill our bellies again (YESS!!!!) and have loads of talks and fun with the family. Late in the evening we go back home.
And that was it for part one of the Christmas tag. The questions where a bit more difficult to answer than I thought… Nevertheless, I hope you found it interesting/fun to read! Let me know if you have also done a certain Chritmas tag. I would love to read it!
I will answer these questions next time:
6. What do you eat for Christmas Dinner?
7. Do you have any Christmas traditions?
8. Which are your favourite Christmas songs?
9. What is the best Christmas present you ever received?
10.Real or fake christmas tree?